Customers & Website Users
We respect your personal information and this Policy sets out how we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information. This Policy covers Smart Storage Pty Ltd (ACN 126 447 470) trading as Ecoult.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. These principles govern how we can collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information.
Where your personal information is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we will process your data in accordance with the GDPR.
Information we collect and hold
When you apply for our products or services, we collect information that is necessary to be able to provide you with those products or services.
We may collect information about you when you:
- engage us to provide goods or services to you
- purchase our goods from a third-party
- supply goods to us
- request information or interact with us
- use any of our data platforms (EcoultLive or other HMI systems)
- contact us through our website, or
- have a face to face meeting with us or our representative.
Information collected from you may include:
- residential address, business address, email address, and contact telephone numbers
- employment information
- bank account details and credit / debit card details, and
- IP address
- allow us to collect your data at trade shows or exhibitions, or allow the show organiser to provide that information to us.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
The main reason we collect, use, hold and disclose personal information is so we can provide you with products and services. This may include:
- establishing your identity
- checking your eligibility for the product or service
- providing you with the product or service
- providing you with updates in relation to our products and services
- conducting and improving our business, and improving the customer experience
- communicating with you about the products and services that we offer, and
- helping you manage the product or service.
How we collect personal information
We collect most personal information directly from you. We may also collect information from you electronically, such as when you visit our website.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other organisations and people. For example, from referrers or authorised resellers.
Who we disclose your personal information to, and why
We may share necessary elements of your personal information to organisations outside Ecoult including service providers and partner organisations. For example, service providers such as banks, freight forwarders, and suppliers.
We use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing of any of our services or products which we consider may be of interest to you where you have given us your consent for this purpose where you opt-in to receive the direct marketing communications.
We will provide a simple means where you can request not to receive further direct marketing communications.
How we hold and transfer personal information including overseas
Personal information is stored and held in a combination of hard copy files and in electronic databases and systems that we use in connection with our business, some of which may be owned and operated by our suppliers.
Transfers of personal information to overseas jurisdictions will take place in the following circumstances:
- our website, or any hosting service we use to support our software or software as a service, is hosted by us or a third party, and the hosting facilities and/or the back-up/disaster recovery sites are located overseas
- we use the services of global companies who provide IT infrastructure such as servers
- where a third-party application is being used in connection with our interactions with you, such as when we use email or video conferencing, and the third-party providers of the relevant application have their applications hosted overseas
- where we use credit referencing agencies to verify your creditworthiness, and
- where analytics and search engine providers assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
The companies that we engage to provide the above services are generally located in Australia or the United States of America.
Transfers of information for users in the European Economic Area (EEA) - GDPR
For users in the EEA, where we transfer your information to a third-party provider that is not located in the EEA, the transfer will be pursuant to one of the permissible safeguards permitted in the GDPR as follows:
- The country is the subject of an adequacy decision by the EU Commission including the EU-US Privacy Shield
- There are appropriate safeguards and enforceable rights and effective legal remedies for you in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR
- You have provided consent to the proposed transfer in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR
- We need it to provide you the goods or service and fulfil our obligations to you under our terms and conditions or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
Keeping your information safe
We take appropriate measures to secure personal information and protect it from loss or unauthorised disclosure or damage.
Any payment transactions processed by us or any applicable third party will be encrypted using SSL technology.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
A cookie is a small piece of computer code which remains on your computer and contains information which helps us identify your browser.
When you visit our website and applications and tools on it, the cookie records the authentication to allow your user id to login, or may save your preferences or your status as a returning visitor even if you do not have a user id for our website. We use the information gathered by cookies to identify your web browser so that when you log in on the next occasion your use of the website and other applications and tools on it is easier and faster because the website has remembered your details.
Access to and correction of personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask for corrections to be made.
Resolving your privacy concerns and complaints - your rights
You may also contact us at:
Smart Storage Pty Ltd t/as Ecoult
Suite 402, Grafton Bond Building, 201 Kent Street
Sydney, NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3001
This Policy may change from time to time. We will let you know of any changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website.
This Policy was last updated 14 October 2019